Zappos Military Discount – 10% Off for Military, Teachers, and Students
Zappos is the leading online retailer of footwear....
Zappos is the leading online retailer of footwear. One thing that sets this company apart from other shoe retailers is its generous return policy. If you’re not satisfied with your Zappos purchase, you can return your items for a full refund for up to one year from purchase. Of course, the returned item has to be unworn and in the original state they were received. But even with this stipulation, having a year to decide about a pair of shoes is pretty amazing!
What Makes Zappos Worth It?
The main thing that Zappos has going for it is its strong commitment to customer service. This is proven with its commitment to its customers, through its free shipping policies and generous return policy.
Zappos also stands apart from the crowd due to the extensive user reviews and photos members have uploaded to the website. These, along with the generous return policy, give you the confidence to buy shoes online.
While there are plenty of other shoe retailers that offer military discounts, the benefit of shopping at Zappos is that you can access hundreds of different brands, styles, and choices. Some other companies might offer a deeper discount, but they might not have the footwear you need. Shopping at Zappos eliminates that challenge.
Zappos also price matches and price adjusts, so even if you do find the shoes you want at another retailer, you can still request a price match adjustment. However, stock availability is an important factor in price matching, so that could mean that it’s not always available. Price adjustment means that you can claim the difference between what you paid and the new sale price simply by contacting Zappos customer service. Both of these services aim to ensure happy customers.
Shipping is always free at Zappos with no minimum order or exclusions. In addition to the free 365 day returns, orders are also eligible for exchanges.
Zappos ships anywhere in the US, and to all US territories, along with APO/FPO addresses. Three shipping speeds are offered, and you can pay to expedite your order.
What Is the Military Discount?
Members of the military receive 10% off their purchases. This includes active duty, members of the National Guard and Reserves, retirees, veterans, and registered dependents.
After eligibility is confirmed, an email discount code will be sent to your email. There is no minimum purchase requirement.
Zappos also offers discounts for teachers (K-12) and students attending qualifying 2-year and 4-year colleges and trade schools. Students may still be eligible for the discount within up to 18 months of graduation.
How to Get the Military Discount
A Zappos account is required to take advantage of the Zappos military discount. Like many other military discounts, your eligibility will be verified with SheerID. It’s also possible to sign in with an Amazon account, which might unlock other discounts as well.
Visit the Zappos website to learn more.
How Does Zappos Military Discount Compare?
Zappos isn’t the only shoe company that offers a military discount. Here’s a list of other retailers that are worth exploring.
- Adidas – 30% off in-store and online purchases with a valid military ID, uses ID.me
- Bates Footwear – military-grade boots and other footwear; features brands found at installation Exchanges at about 50% off the retail suggested price.
- Champs Sports – 20% off Champs purchases with valid military ID
- Converse – 15% off; discount is open to dependents
- Footlocker – 15% off in-store and online purchases with a valid ID
- Journey’s – 10% off in-store purchases, no online discount available
- Nike – 20% off in-store and online purchases
- Payless – 10% off in-store purchases with a valid ID
- Rack Room Shoes – Usually offered only one day a week in select stores, discount amount varies
- Shoe Carnival – some stores offer a 10% military discount
- Steve Madden – 10% off in-store purchases
- Stride Rite – Children shoe retailer, 10% off in-store and online and can be used on sale and clearance items, but you need a .mil email address to access the online discount
Which Makes More Sense?
There are definitely deeper discounts available at other online shoe retailers, but none offer what Zappos does – free shipping, a very generous return policy, a price match guarantee, and a price adjustment guarantee. This is really important since it’s hard to tell if a pair of shoes will be comfortable when you purchase them online. Zappos is also a good choice because of the wide selection it offers, so unless you’re extremely loyal to one specific brand, it might be worth it to check there first.